While hair loss is a common affliction for both men and women, the underlying causes and symptoms can vary widely. An important aspect of successfully treating hair loss is addressing the underlying factor to blame.
National Hair Loss offers support and treatment to individuals suffering from various forms of Alopecia including:
- Androgenetic Alopecia – Commonly referred to as Male Pattern Baldness and Female Pattern Hair Loss
- Alopecia Areata – Autoimmune disease where cells attack the hair follicle resulting in hair loss in a circular pattern.
- Scarring Alopecia – Rare disorder that destroys the hair follicle, replaces it with scar tissue, and cause permanent hair loss
- Telogen Effluvium – A type of hair loss that presents itself as excessive daily hair loss and occurs when the hair growth cycle is disrupted by an imbalance or upset in the body.
- Medical Treatment – Medical treatments such as chemotherapy or certain medications as well as surgeries can result in hair loss as a side effect.
Recognizing that hair plays a critical role in establishing hope and self-image, National Hair Loss specializes in creating personalized hair recovery programs for men and women battling various forms of alopecia and chemo-induced hair loss.