Minoxidil, Propecia, and Hair Loss Treatments
What happens when we first start the beginning stages of hair loss? We immediately jump to that google box and search “hair loss.” What is minoxidil? What is Propecia? I think we all can agree our blood pressure just increased drastically. It’s very overwhelming trying to find a credible source who truly cares and has effective proven treatments in the best interest of their patients.
Hair Loss Products: Propecia & Minoxidil
- Minoxidil and Propecia are both pharmaceutical drugs used for treating hypertension and benign prostatic hypertrophy. Hair regrowth was found to be a side effect of these medications so then it began to be marketed and FDA approved as a drug for hair loss.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine) is a vasodilator hypertension drug that is also used to help you regrow hair on your scalp. It’s mechanism of action is unknown but it is possible that it dilates blood vessels in the scalp, which may improve hair follicle function and stimulate hair growth.
Rogaine can have lots of possible side effects if absorbed systemically. Some side effects that can occur if absorbed systemically include fast or irregular heartbeat, weight gain (rapid) of more than 5 pounds, chest pain, shortness of breath, bloating, flushing or redness of skin, swelling of feet or lower legs, numbness or tingling of hands, feet, or face, increase in hair growth, on face, arms, and back and breast tenderness in males and females. Great care must be taken to be sure too much minoxidil is not absorbed into the bloodstream. Rogaine will not cause permanent regrowth of hair. You must continue to use the drug lifelong to continue to get desired results.
- FinasterIde (Propecia) is a drug that prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. It is used to treat BPH and male pattern hair loss. Propecia should not be used by woman and can cause birth defects if handled by a woman during pregnancy. Propecia may increase your risk of developing prostate cancer or male breast cancer. Less serious Propecia side effect include: impotence, swelling in your hands or feet; swelling or tenderness in your breasts; dizziness, weakness; feeling like you might pass out; headache; runny nose; or skin rash.
MONAT Hair Care
- Monat is an antiaging scalp and hair treatment, based on a patent pending, clinically proven, proprietary blend of 11 exotic essential oils and active botanicals to help stimulate the scalp and boost the natural growth of thicker and fuller-looking hair while improving follicle strength. Monat delivers essential moisture and balance, penetrates and nurtures the scalp, and improves follicle strength, reduces thinning and helps prevent hair loss while stimulating growth.
- Every drug has risk of multiple side effects and drug interactions. MONAT is not a drug, it is a natural based hair treatment, the active botanical capixyl comes from red clover, unlike minoxidil and propecia, it has no known side effects or complications With very minimal report of allergic reactions.
- Like Rogaine and Propecia, you will lose the benefit of Monat if you stop using it. With Monat the change is gradual and not sudden. When you stop using Monat, your hair/scalp will return to its pre-Monat condition. However, Monat is a shampoo and conditioner treatment system. Everyone washes their hair. Also, if you have to use something lifelong, wouldn’t you rather use a natural based treatment and not a drug with severe side effects that could lead to cancer, impotence, and birth defects.
- For cancer survivors and chemotherapy patients, MONAT is a great choice for hair restoration and growth. It is important to look at product ingredients. Product risk, side effects and medication interactions are extremely important and need to be evaluated when starting any new treatment regimen. MONAT is naturally based with the least amount of risk potential between MONAT, propecia and minoxidil. Cancer survivors just battled cancer, why would a physician recommend a treatment that has the risk of cancer or heart disease.
National Hair Loss – Laser Therapy 90 Day Results for Male Hair Loss
DISCLAIMER: The statements endorsed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products and information mentioned on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for educational purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor. MONAT Global does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by MONAT Global are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition, see your physician.